Nanny in NYC

A modern day Mary Poppins

Friday, September 08, 2006

Now I Hear This Sound in My Sleep

What kid in America doesn't have a book about baby animals? Luke has 30, easily, and he'd like me to read them all to him one after the other in quick succession until I'm so hoarse he can pretend he doesn't hear me when I yell for him to stop flushing the toilet repeatedly. Luckily we've gotten to the point that I no longer have to "read" the books anymore. All I have to do is point and say "What's that?" and he says "Cow" or "Duck" or what have you. Then I ask, "And what does it say?" To which he replies "Moo" or "Quack", etc.

In the past, when we've gotten to the bunny rabbit page, instead of asking the second question I'd say, "Bunny rabbits don't make a sound."

But, apparently that's a lie!




Not only do they make a sound, they make a horrific sound, one that I curse Heather B. Armstrong for introducing into my life. Now I dread going to sleep for fear of dreaming of all the irate rabbits who I may or may not have done unkind things to while they were my pets.


Technorati Tags: , , Animal Sounds

4 Comments:

Blogger pinknest said...

my boyfriend told me about rabbits screaming not that long ago. i had no idea, either, and it frightens me beyond belief. he said he heard one screaming in the wild, and he thought it was a woman screaming. it turned out it was a rabbit getting attacked by a hawk or something. HORRIFIC!!!! i hate it.

5:52 AM  
Blogger Alice said...

Ooh, yes. Rabbits can scream. Very, very loudly. And the sound is absolutely revolting and terrifying.

Bubble (my old rabbit; passed away two years ago, bless him aged nearly nine) only did it once - THANK YE LORD. It happened in the middle of a hot day in summer. Turned out a stray dog had entered the garden and was trying to get into his little enclosure we had built for him to attack/eat/sniff/lick/kill/whatever him, and he was so terrified he shrieked, loud and long until I came and saw the creature off.

Never heard it before.

Never want to hear it again.

EVER.

I had nightmares about it for days.

8:41 AM  
Blogger shel said...

ok, that's just wrong.

12:10 PM  
Blogger Mama said...

OMG--I used to have rabbits and I never heard them do that! That's creepy!

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home