Nanny in NYC

A modern day Mary Poppins

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Change is Inevitable

The month of August will be a time of big changes for this little blog, they've already begun and we're only in day two. The blog formerly known as Nanny in New York is now Nanny in NYC. I know, this is such an earth shattering development that it's taking you a while to wrap your head around the concept, right?

The reason for the change is simple: some [exploitive deleted] guy claimed the domain nannyinnewyork.com. It really got me very upset. I was busy procrastinating over whether to make the change or not, taking my own good time, assuming that since it was available two weeks ago it would remain available until I chose to act. And then this [exploitive deleted] guy sweeps in and steals it from me! The nerve of him. And I bet you that he's not even a nanny.

I visited the site to see what it's being used for and found it's just one of those advertising redirect sites. There was a link, however, to an email address that said "Buy this domain!" So, I sent an email and set in motion the following chain of communication:


ME:

Hi!
I'd like to buy this domain name.
Thanks,
Annie


[ED] GUY:

If you can pay by today using PayPal I'd be willing to let it go for $7500. I'd also entertain other offers.
Thanks,
[exploitive deleted] Guy


ME:

I'd be willing to pay about $40, seeing as how yesterday it would have cost me about $2.
Thanks,
Annie


[ED] GUY:

I could do $6000, but this site gets tons of traffic, so I wouldn't sell it for less.
Thanks,
[expletive deleted] Guy


ME:

Then you are welcome to it!
Thanks,
Annie


So, I've cut my losses, and I'm feeling pretty good about being Nanny in NYC, it's got a nice ring to it. This time I did no dawdling & I actually posses the domain (feel free to change your links, bookmarks, etc. to nannyinnyc.com). It's a nice feeling and I'm actually making progress toward my liberation from Blogger.

Check back tomorrow for the beginning of polling for my header photos. I hope you can all contain your overwhelming excitement until that time!



Technorati Tags: , , Domain Names,

3 Comments:

Blogger pinknest said...

ohmygod insanity!! so you're going to be moving all your blogger material to your new site? or starting fresh? i like "nanny in nyc."

9:33 AM  
Blogger Nanny in New York said...

I hope to move all my old stuff over, but that may be a pipe dream. I'm kind of learning all of this as I go.

I'm working with Peggy, a really nice woman at CiaoMyBella.com. So far I couldn't be happier with her help & advice.

10:36 AM  
Anonymous JGS said...

A) (Expletive deleted) Guy is a schmuck
B) Nanny in NYC is cool and in a week or so we'll all forget Nanny in that long named city. ;-)
C) While blogging on your own domain is filled with more technology challenges, it is really nice to be able to have it be solely your name. Congratulations!

7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home