Nanny in NYC

A modern day Mary Poppins

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Time for a Change

For a while now I've been wanting to update my blog's look. Unfortunately I'm only moderately computer literate, and not at all literate when it comes to web design and HTML. So, it seems I'm stuck with the existing blogger templates because all of the sites that generate templates from your own photos and content selections end up looking quite messy.

I'm happy with this new template, however, and if you like it as well you should check out Blogger Templates where you'll find a nice selection of alternatives to the templates available on the Blogspot.com.

Maybe I'll make another stab at learning to design at least my own banner to celebrate my 100th post. (This is 75, so I've got a little time to work with.) In the meantime, let me know what you think about the new look of NINY.

Thanks!



Technorati Tags: , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous JGS said...

It looks really nice. You know, for not too much money ($50-$100), people will design a banner or even an entire site for you. I'm not one of them, but I did just have it done for me and it is certainly better than anything I could do for myself.

6:56 PM  
Anonymous Mom said...

I like your original format much, much better. The white-on-black is, in my opinion and to my "mature" eyes, very difficult to read, and your pictures do not stand out as well. Good luck in creating something yourself

7:21 PM  
Blogger Nanny in New York said...

Yeah, I'm not loving it any more either. I'm having trouble getting some of my sidebar items to show up, and I'm just not thrilled with the look.

I might just switch up to a simpler template for a little while until I have time to really work on one for myself.

7:34 PM  
Anonymous Mom said...

I'm also having trouble finding the thing to click in order to leave a comment. Obviously I am finding it, but it hasn't been easy. Also I miss the picture of the nanny pushing the stroller.

10:33 AM  
Blogger pinknest said...

i feel the exact same way and have been meaning to change or update my template! but i know nothing. :(

9:45 AM  
Blogger Angela said...

I used http://www.zootsdesigns.com/ for my redesign. There are several cool FREE templates on there. And if it's a simple desire to change colours or something, I may be able to help. I have some knowledge of html, and have rescued Granny's site several times lately!

3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home