Nanny in NYC

A modern day Mary Poppins

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Questionable Morality

My friend G. says that at least one post about the Google Ads generated by the "content" of one's blog is inevitable. This is my second, but I feel it's worth proving G. right twice in order to point this out:


It appeared shortly after my post on Addiction. How immoral is that? I know that a search engine cannot exactly be held to standards of a thinking, feeling human with a conscience, but really people! What if this was the blog of a recovering Vicodin addict? Would it still generate these kinds of ads?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Dom said...

I'm seeing ads for 'Teen Sex Addict Treatment' on your home page.. which I find equally disturbing...

7:56 AM  
Blogger Elsimer said...

you might consider reporting the ads to Google. It's possible that they violate some kind of Terms of Service.. Otherwise, I think you can also block certain ads in your Adsense setup.

8:17 AM  
Anonymous rxbbx said...

with the mfa filter you can block urls.. google a bit.. solution is there. It's in your AdSense Backend where you can manage channels.

There's also an adSense preview tool available. That way you can see what you get.

The ads are content related, they look at your keywords etc from your post.. sometimes you get such things.

9:33 AM  
Blogger Pragmatic Chaos said...

Tee hee. There's a heroine addiction link up there too.

11:39 AM  
Blogger Will said...

That's hilarious! Drugs are great, aren't they?

6:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home