Nanny in NYC

A modern day Mary Poppins

Monday, June 19, 2006

The Family that Smokes Together . . .

I have been involved in several family conversations about giving children an allowance, and I'm not really sure what my feelings are on this one yet. I like the idea of having the money you give your children be totally for them and not tied to any kinds of chores or expectations, so that they can have a little security in that small amount of mad money--but I understand the arguments against this as well from parents who want to instill a work ethic in their children as soon as possible.

I can, however say this one thing with total certainty: Your children are ABSOLUTELY not ready to receive their allowance in marijuana until they are old enough to withstand questioning by the police. I think that's usually around 16, not 11.



Technorati Tags: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's too bad there isn't some kind of screening program for potential birth parents like there is for potential adoptive parents!

8:28 AM  
Blogger Alice said...

I totally agree, NINY.

It's frightening, as well, how many people now may try and justify this.

Just frightening...

4:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home