Nanny in NYC

A modern day Mary Poppins

Friday, May 26, 2006

A Day in the Life

Long ago, back before I had a cute little [brand and model withheld] phone, I used to make rather dramatic statements such as "Cell phones should make calls, not play music or take pictures!" Well, that was then and this is now. I love the camera feature on my phone. Don't get me wrong, I have a very cute, very nice digital camera which was a great and unexpected Christmas present from one of my cooler friends, and I take great pictures with it. I just don't carry it all the time. (If I did, chances are it would have been lost or taken a dive off a pier, knowing my life.)

So, for everyday purposes I snap pictures on the phone. They aren't the highest quality, as I've said before, but they do the trick and it's so easy to share them.

Here is one of my favorite downtown sites. As Luke and I headed out to the park yesterday we snapped the clouds drifting over Greenwich Street. I love the way they reflect in some of the more new and shiny buildings (the most prominent one is 7 World Trade Center).


We headed into Washington Market Park, passing the newly planted Sweet Peas (ok, that's a guess, I'm not sure what kind of plant they are, but it's a flowering vine-y thing). I told Luke that it will be fun to watch them grow and climb up the fence. Surprisingly, the idea didn't seem to thrill him all that much. He was more interested in ripping his way out of the straps tethering him to the stroller.


We also snapped some pretty pansies (those I'm certain of) just inside the park entrance. We're working on learning the color purple and we've already nailed the concept of yellow.


And, finally, behold: a little slice of heaven. Coffee and mini fruit pastry from Ceci-Cela enjoyed by the sandbox's edge.

4 Comments:

Blogger *nanny said...

all hail the camera phone! it's been a fun new plaything! your pics from it are pretty damn good! love the trade center cloud pic. i'd totally snap one of that as well.

10:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yummmmmy! We must go to Ceci-Cela like twice a week or life isn't worth it.

dana

3:47 PM  
Blogger pinknest said...

sounds like a lovely afternoon! i'm so obsessed with dragging my digital camera with me everywhere, i wish it were as light and easy as my cellphone.

9:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»

1:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home