Nanny in NYC

A modern day Mary Poppins

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Self Righteous Children Are So Adorable

I'm about to relay a little joke that I read recently and really loved. Before doing so, I'd like to point out that I would not consider myself a religious person (sorry to all family members who just read that and began to pray for my eternal soul). I was, however, given a comprehensive religious education which I am grateful for, if only because I kick ass in the Bible category that Jeopardy seems to find obligatory.

Here it is: A little girl is having a conversation with her teacher about whales. The teacher says that, although whales are the largest mammals on earth, no one need fear being eaten by one, because the throat of a whale is incredibly narrow. The little girl says, "But Jonah was swallowed by a whale." Her teacher, patronizing, reiterates that it is impossible for a whale to swallow a human being. Disbelieving, the girl states, "Well, when I get to heaven, I'm going to ask Jonah myself." Smugly, the teacher retorts, "What if Jonah went to hell?" To which the little girl replies, "Then you ask him."


Is it wrong that I love sanctimonious child humor?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it wrong -- who knows? But it's a bit inevitable, as I'm sure you were one yourself.

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home